On the map below the network of footpaths around the area is shown. The numbers relate to suggested circular walks. This will enable you to explore the two parts of the nature reserve without getting lost. Print off a larger version to take with you
Map Numbers Circular Walk
- On the map there are numbers 1-15. These correspond to white numbers you will find on posts or stone blocks or waste bins at those locations - just to confirm where you are on the reserve
- Rye Harbour car park -1 - 4 - car park is the short circular route of 3.3 km or 2 miles which passes three birdwatching hides and is wheelchair and pushchair friendly with frequent benches along the way to rest
- Rye Harbour car park -1 - 2 - 5 - 7 - car park is the medium circular route
of 6.9 km or 4.3 miles, including a look at the Mary Stanford Lifeboat
House, from 7 return along the shingle track through Rye Harbour farm.
- Rye Harbour car park -1 - 2 - 5 -15 - car park is the long circular route of 9.7 km or 6.0 miles including a walk to Camber Castle, the birdwatching hide nearby and the viewpoint
- Rye Harbour car park - 1 - 2 - 6 - Winchelsea Beach car park is all tarmac private road of 4.8 km or 3.0 miles (each way) with toilets at each end.
Rye Harbour Nature Reserve Google Map
Rye Harbour Ramble
If you would like to explore Rye Harbour nature reserve independently, the Rye Harbour Ramble now available on the ViewRanger app. ViewRanger is a digital guide to the outdoors, offering a range of self-guided walks for you to access via a free mobile phone app.
When using the app, the phone’s in-built compass will direct you in
the right direction and alert you if you stray from the path. You will
also get notifications when you reach waypoints with additional
information on what you can find at that spot on the reserve.
In this section